In order to ensure a fair competition ahead of IEM Katowice 2020, we have updated the competition’s rulebook.
Please note that these changes refer to the overall Intel® Extreme Masters Rulebook that governs all competitions and games at the event, not the specific IEM Katowice 2020 Masters Championship Rulebook, which is separate. These are the most important revisions:
- 2.12.4 - Lineup changes "8 hours" rule: Added a longer time for the first match of an offline event.
- 4.9. Tech pauses after signing the checklist can be penalized with 1 minor PP.
Rule Violations, Punishments and ESIC
- 5.9 - Added guidelines for long punishments of severe infractions.
- 5.11.5 - Item rule update: not just damaging/soiling but also potentially damaging.
Game Specific Rules StarCraft II
-6.2.1 - Updated SC2 Map Pool and Veto rule.
Game Specific Rules Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- 7.3.4. - Changed rule for map selection: latest at halftime of the potential final map of the previous match.
- 7.3.4 - Vetos must not be made public before ESL does so.
- 7.7.2 - Updated the offline coaching rule so that 1. warnings count for an entire event, not per match; 2. teams may receive a pre-warning in case they have been known to abuse this, then the first incident will lead to the penalty immediately.
- 7.10.6 - Updated joining wrong team on server rule.
- 7.10.7 - Added rule for suiciding by kill or other (e.g. Vertigo jumping).
- 7.3.1 - Vertigo has replaced Cache in the map pool.