As the road to Spodek is on the horizon with the first qualifier matches beginning on the 22nd of October. All competitors should please take the time to review the competitions official rulebook.
With IEM Katowice 2019 becoming a CS:GO Major Championship we have expanded our ruling to reflect the extended duration and format of our competition as well as conform with standard Valve Major regulations. The full rulebook can be found on our event website, here are some of the highlighted and/or new additions to the IEM rulebook:
- Age Restriction is 16+ years (see 2.7.1)
- Regional Qualifier restrictions (see 2.7.5)
- Multi-Team Ownership is not allowed (see 2.10.3 & 184.108.40.206)
- New Player / Change of Players restrictions (see 220.127.116.11)
- Roster Lock Deadline is January 1st, 2019 (see 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124 )
- Conflict of Interest restrictions for participants (see 2.20)
- Publisher/VAC and ESIC bans (see 5.9)
- CS:GO Major Overtime rules are different from usual ESL rules (see 6.4.1)
We have worked closely with Valve to ensure that the maintenance to our rulebook is of the highest standard setting the foundations for the largest CS:GO event of all time. The road to IEM Katowice 2019, a CS:GO Major Championship begins on October 22nd where teams from Europe & North America will officially kick off the journey to the Spodek Arena in Katowice, Poland.
For full details on our qualifiers please visit here and if you have intention to compete please make sure to sign up to your respective qualifier as soon as possible as 1 hour before each registration will be closed.